Rhubarb is a perennial plant which means it is dormant in winter but rejuvenates each spring. It's easy to grow and once planted will produce thick, luscious stems that are ripe for picking.
- Pots, tubs and window boxes
- Plant in moist, composted soil, in a sunny and well-drained area
- Grows well in pots
- Plant 10cm deep and 90cm apart
- Harvest when leaves are large and the stems are long and thick and start to turn red
- Cut, divide and re-plant plant into sections every 3 to 4 years and when it dies down in winter