Kamokamo has a mild flavour like that of a courgette or marrow. It tastes great pan fried, grilled, roasted, barbequed or boiled. It can also be added to stir-fry, stuffed or mashed with potatoes. Many growers also like to harvest the fruit early as it has a slightly sweeter taste then.
- Add compost and fertiliser
- Plant in full sun and moist but well-drained soil
- Grow near bee-friendly plants to encourage pollination or self-pollinate plants
- Plant 90-120cm apart
- Ensure fruit are always above ground and dry Harvest when the vine shrivels and dies
- Leave small piece of stalk attached
- Store in cool, airy place
Please check our latest shipping and delivery updates here.
Note: internet orders for pickup in the shop - it is advised to pick up as soon as practicable to ensure the quality of the plants.