Different to your usual eggplant, this Asian specialty is light violet/pink in colour and is very productive. These can be used in many different ways, you can roast, grill, bake in dips.
Pots, tubs and window boxes
- Plant in full sun and well-drained soil
- Grow well in pot or raised garden bed
- Dig in some compost or leftover potting mix
- Plant 20cm apart
- Cover seedlings with cut in half plastic bottles (hole at top) to protect as they get established
- Avoid overhead watering or watering too often